Meet Dr. Khetarpal
- BOARD CERTIFIED IN OTOLARYNGOLOGY-HEAD, NECK AND FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY
- BOARD CERTIFIED IN SLEEP MEDICINE
Dr. Khetarpal brings advanced sinus care to Houston after practicing in the Rio Grande Valley for many years. He has a background in genetic research in Boston that he is currently utilizing on sinus research. He was amongst the first few in the country to use image guidance during sinus surgery and balloon sinuplasty in the office. He was among the first few in the country to have an in office CT scan and amongst the first few physicians to get trained in balloon sinuplasty when it was introduced for sinus surgery in the operating room. The office point of service CT scan saves you time and allows Dr Khetarpal to review the scan results with you one on one. He is now one of limited number of surgeons in the country to offer total sinus surgery with image guidance in the office. He is presenting five papers on Recurrent Acute Rhinosinusitis at a meeting in Chicago describing the disease, its relationship to allergies and assessing the results of balloon sinuplasty in this condition. He is very involved in research of sinus disease.
He also offers sublingual immunotherapy or drops for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. He is constantly thinking of better ways to treat these chronic conditions and try newer approaches to reduce disease recurrence. He believes that the treatment he offers you is one that he would also choose for his family members if they were to have the same problems. Please click on “Meet Dr Khetarpal” above to review Dr Khetarpal’s background and current research activities as well.
What is Unique About Dr. Khetarpal?
- Dr. Khetarpal was amongst the first few ENT surgeons to be trained in balloon sinuplasty in 2006 and among the first group of surgeons to implement balloon sinuplasty in the office in 2012.
- Dr. Khetarpal has over 6 years of experience with in office balloon sinuplasty and in office comprehensive sinus surgery including complex sinus cases especially those with polyps and allergic fungal sinusitis.
- He was one of the first two or three Otolaryngologists to introduce image guidance in the office during sinus surgery and balloon sinuplasty.
- Has performed over 1000 procedures in office including septoplasty and ethmoidectomies.
- He is one of the very few surgeons to have performed frontal sinus drill out, fungal sinusitis and inverted papilloma cases in the office.
- He is perhaps the only surgeon in the US to have performed over 100 pediatric balloon sinuplasty operations in the office for children between the ages of 5 to 18 years. He is now writing a paper on this as well..
- His research on patients with recurrent sinus infections has been accepted for five presentations at the International Rhinology Conference in Chicago, June 7-9, 2019
- He is very involved in research on allergic rhinitis and sinusitis and is currently investigating DNA markers in a subset of sinus disease patients
Dr. Khetarpal’s Trademarked PIVA Office Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure. 37 million Americans and about 10-20% of the World’s population suffers from sinus problems also known as chronic sinusitis. Are you one of them? Do you suffer from one or more of the following? Sinus pressure, headache, Facial pressure or pain Stuffy nose, Sinus pressure…
We now offer Radiofrequency (RFA) ablation of the soft palate and tongue base for individuals that fail to tolerate CPAP or do not desire to use CPAP for obstructive sleep apnea. This CPAP alternative procedure is now being performed in the the office. One or more treatments may be necessary to improve snoring and sleep apna….
Hear from our patients.
The Texas Sinus, Snoring and Sleep Centers were founded on a vision of excellence for advanced and thoughtful solutions for sinus, allergy, snoring and obstructive sleep apnea relief.
Dr. Khetarpal is the founder of Texas Sinus, Snoring and Sleep Centers and is DOUBLY Board-Certified in Ear, Nose and Throat-Head, Neck and Facial Plastic Surgery as well as in Sleep Medicine.
Chronic rhinosinusitis affects about 30-37 million Americans, with an equal or somewhat higher prevalence of Allergic Rhinitis and Snoring and Sleep Apnea in the population. If you or your loved one has been suffering from sinus, smell and taste problems, fatigue, body pain and a reduced sex life due to sinus problems, or have annoying snoring and sleep apnea we have the solutions to improve and even cure some or all of these problems. Dr Khetarpal is amongst the first few surgeons in the country to offer Image Guided In Office Comprehensive Sinus Surgery and PIVA (TM) Balloon Sinuplasty. He is currently conducting research in sinusitis and allergic rhinitis with the approval of the Western Institutional Review Board that oversees this research. Because of his interest in Sleep disorders, particularly snoring and Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Dr Khetarpal, obtained Board Certification in Sleep Medicine so that he could provide a consistently high quality of care for these patients.